Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Ghosts.

Ghosts N Stuff. Deadmau5. Featuring Rob Swire from Pendulum. You remember how I feel about Pendulum.
I have listened to this song so freaking many times in the past few days since I bought it, it's a little crazy. I think I'm addicted.

SO ANYWAY!

FOO FIGHTERS!
So freaking incredible. Like... oh my freakin' gosh. I wanted to melt into a puddle in my shoes the entire time. Dave Grohl is SO GORGEOUS. Like.... oh my gosh. I would adopt polygamy for that man. He is so gorgeous. And so great on stage. And such a great singer. Oh my gosh. I know he's like, 40 (he's forty two actually, what a great age!) but he is drop dead sexy. I wanted to freakin' die.
Celebrity crush?
Ummmmmm.... very yes.
Anyway, the concert was fabulous. They are great live, super fun, entertaining, and super talented. It was the most fun I've had in a long time. Even though the people all around me were SITTING (at a GOSH DANG ROCK CONCERT, FOR SHAME) and I was all alone standing/dancing. Tad awkward, since I know that tons of people were staring at me. What gives though? I paid a pretty good chunk of money for that ticket, and I was not going to sit on my butt. I wish I could've gone to it twice for the price of one- once to watch, and dream over Dave, and once to dance around like a crazy fool and sing along at the top of my lungs. Because as fun as head-banging is, it is not terribly conducive to gazing lovingly at the lead singer. Don't say he's old enough to be my father, I know. But he's SO FRICKIN SEXYYYYYYYYYYYYY. Ay ay ay.

Anyway, that was a blast. Highlight of the week FO SHO.

Un-highlight of the week?
Mr. Butler postponing Avatar until tomorrow for a prior commitment he'd forgotten he'd made. Grrrr. Not that I'm saying that I'm losing interest, but... I kind of am. I know, it hasn't even been a week since our first date, but I'm used to things happening by this point. Or at least, the guy showing more interest than blowing off Avatar. At least he postponed it and didn't say "Hey, I can't watch Avatar with you tonight, sorry." I'm trying to remember that as a positive.

Another (smaller) highlight of the week though-
I'm going on an un-date with the Air Force Cadet!!! OMG! Okay, I actually don't think I've talked about him. He's this super attractive guy from one of my classes. I think he might just have one of the sexiest voices I have EVER heard. I'm not gonna lie, I'm really stoked to spend some time with him, so I can listen to him talk. I'm just going to ask him lots of long-answer questions. Seriously, his voice is SUPER deep, and I think deep voices are wicked sexy. AHHHH I gotta stop thinking about how sexy his voice is. Okay. Anyway, so for this class we're supposed to go out and do stuff. If I go into to much detail... yeah. In another post. One of the things we can do is this zipline up Provo Canyon. I've been wanting to do it for awhile, but it's one of those things I'm hesitant to do alone, because some things are lame when you're alone. So today Air Force and I were sitting there before class (I was SO smooth in sitting next to his stuff before he got back - he has a super recognizable laptop) talking about what we were gonna do. He said he was doing the zipline on Friday, and I said, "I think that looks so cool, I want to go do it sometime." He then proceeded to say that he was going to take his friend, but she ended up not being able to go. Long pause, during which I'm sitting there thinking 'Oh please oh please oh please ask me to go oh please oh please-' "Would you want to go?" Um, YES PLEASE. "Yeah, that would be sweet!" "Okay, cool. I don't have a car though..." "That's okay, I don't mind driving." (Which is true. Also it will mean he can see what a bamf I am for driving such a frickin' sweet car.) He then proceeded to ask me for my number (YESSSSSSSS) and then after I bribed him with the free M&Ms I scored from the vending machine, he sat by me in class. And then lent me his notes from last class, because I blanked on taking notes. THAT was totally him, and totally nice. He seems like a super nice guy, and I'm admittedly super intrigued about him, sexy voice aside.

Another (smaller) highlight of the week-
Getting to drive the MASSIVE Outdoors Unlimited truck today. I felt so freakin' tight driving that thing. It's BIG. And I have to say, I really love my boss. He kind of intimidates the crap out of me, but under his gruff and sarcastic exterior is one of the best men I have ever met. I'm talking humming along to "Just Fishin'" by Trace Adkins. And being a SUPER good guy. I just love him so much. He got us tons of crazy bread and pizza for the staff meeting tonight. I don't think I've ever eaten that much crazy bread in my life. Thanks G.

Since I should probably go work on homework, I'll just leave you with one of my all-time favorite Foo songs that they didn't play at the show (it's not much of a 'HUGE CONCERT' number). Enjoy. But REALLY LISTEN - the guitar harmonies are gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment