Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Smashed.

My leg.

By my TV.

No, seriously. I turned my back on it and it POUNCED. Like a tiger.
And it totally creamed my leg.
This picture does the bruise NO JUSTICE, in addition to making my totally not fat leg look fat.

Anyway, my leg hurts, and the pouncing tiger is dead. Kind of. It clicks a lot when you try to turn it on, and that's all that happens.

BUT!

My roommates are freakin' awesome.
You are looking at 32 inches of beautiful, baby. I love you guys.

So, anyway, on another kind of not-so-happy-but-has-a-happy-ending note, my computer is almost dead. I am blaming myITlab. You suck, iSys. You really suck. Seriously, you suck the life out of everything. Me, my beloved Dell... So anyway, because I'd really rather not have my computer die on me when I'm smack dab in the middle of a COMPUTER class, and then have to replace it in a panic and write frantic emails to my professor about how my computer died and oh my gosh, please give me some time to turn stuff in! Does that sound fun to you? Yeah, me neither. 
After several days (intense days, mind you) of research, I found THE PERFECT COMPUTER. To sum up- Toshiba, 17 inch screen, full number keypad (oh, how that will make my Excel class SO MUCH BETTER!) included on my BACKLIT keyboard (HUZZAH!), 6gb ram, 640gig hard drive, NVIDIA GeForce graphics... I could go on, but I might start drooling. With some .edu email address awesomeness, I got a good deal on it, WITH Office 2010. Yeah. Office 2010 is like 200 bucks. Yeah. Don't even think about questioning my awesomeness. HA.
Oh, and remember how I was stressed about Skyrim? Yeah, this computer is going to kick Skyrim's scaly dragon tail. Ya wanna know the best part? Toshiba laptop + HDMI cable + HDTV = 32 INCHES OF SKYRIM AWESOMENESS. (Again, best roommates ever.)

On another note, got asked on a date by Mr. Butler. Yeah, he's in my ward. Yeah, he's my home teachers' roommate. Yeah, they promised me they'd find some guys to date me. Yeah, I'm ridiculous.
But seriously, I want to do stuff and meet people and I totally admit I don't like asking guys out. Today at work Mr. Lindy Hop, How I Met Your Mother, and umm.... my other coworker (code name TBD) were talking about dating, and marriage, and my mission, and I realized that part of my reason for wanting to date a lot of different guys is so that I don't find 'the one.' Because the idea of finding 'the one' (okay, there's no such thing as 'the one' but I have nothing else to call him right now) before my mission freaks me out. I am not ready to be married. I want to be ready, oh my gosh I want to be ready, but I'm not mature enough. I'm NOT one of those girls who's going on a mission to postpone marriage, but one of my more selfish reasons for wanting to go is so I can GROW THE HECK UP. It's a bigger reason than I'd like to admit, but the more important reasons are the real reasons. 
Growing up is just a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment