Sunday, October 2, 2011

Weird.

I MEANT to post yesterday. I promise I did. But by the time I thought about it, it was already technically 'today,' so I figured I'd wait until I was a little more coherent.

Conference today was great. The reality is starting to hit me that, if I keep going the way I am, I'll have my mission call next Conference, and be getting ready to leave. It's crazy. Like, blow my mind.

My date with Mr. How I Met Your Mother (he needs a better nickname) was fun. I had a good time, truthfully and honestly, but I don't really see it going anywhere. That's mostly because of the mission... I don't see anything going anywhere with anyone.
"That's a lie," you think. "What about Cupcake Boy?" Yeah... he continues to confuse me. We talked again at Dessert Night (our ward doesn't have 'ward prayer,' for reasons beyond me) and all I could think about was how bad I want him to ask me out again. Homecoming is this Friday (I know, I know!) and I would actually really like to go. With Cupcake Boy. Yep. I said it.

Okay, I admit it, there may be a small part of me that's simply interested because he's cute and we had a good time. Oh wait, isn't that, like, a good motivation for interest? But seriously, I want to go out with him again, and maybe even again, until either interest or disinterest is decided. (Mostly on my side, I know, selfish, right?) Isn't that THE POINT of dating? I mean, maybe he isn't interested, but if he wasn't, he could've, you know, NOT gradually sidled his way over to me, or, you know, NOT initiated conversation with me... I feel like I've shown a high enough amount of interest that if he didn't reciprocate at all and wanted nothing to do with me that he would shun me like a leper. Perhaps not. I still don't know when it's acceptable to send the "Hey, so, I was just wondering if we were going to go out again sometime" text. According to a guy in my ward (still haven't decided if he merits a nickname yet...) a week is not too long, because the guy doesn't "want to seem like a creeper." OKAY, um, unless I made it completely obvious I wasn't interested, it is never too early to ask on the second date. Maybe at the beginning of the first date, but since that obviously didn't happen, we're kinda past the phase of creeper-ness.

UGH.

On a completely different note, one of my very most bestest friends got engaged yesterday and I am SO FREAKING EXCITED! When she called I screamed for probably a full minute. She deserves it. She's dated some dumb bums. And, yeah, they haven't dated SUPER long, but he is a seriously amazing guy, and she is a seriously amazing girl, and I think they'll work out just fine.

She's getting married and I'm going on a mission. For some reason I always thought it would be the other way around.... But you know what? I very much like it this way.


Whoa. That feels weird. (Good weird.)

No comments:

Post a Comment