Friday, October 7, 2011

Golf.

It's just BARELY Friday, and I just HAD to post.
So, tonight was my date with Mr. Butler. His original plan had been to paint rocks with glow sticks and then go skip them. Which actually sounds like a really cool idea, but remember how it SNOWED? Yeah, outside activities not really the best idea. Anyway, he texted me earlier in the day to ask if indoor miniature golfing was okay, and of course I said yes. It's been like, forever since I've been mini golfing. But that's not why I said yes. I said yes because this guy is cute, AND he asked me on a real date.
Okay, I digress. So at 8:30 he comes to pick me up, and of course I make a mental note of his height. I would put him at about 6'1". Score number one. I also notice that he's a LOT cuter in real life than he is on Facebook. Score number two. We walk to his super nice car (fairly new Saab) and he opens my door. Score number three. I mean, it's not the most important thing on the planet, but when a guy doesn't open my car door on a date, I take note. Frankly, I think it's kind of tacky when he doesn't. It's not THAT much effort, and it means a lot to girls, and gets serious gentleman points. I'm not really a fan of them opening my door when I get out, because then I have to wait for them to get around the car to open my door. But getting in? It's not necessary, but it's an extremely good gesture. And gets some serious bonus points.
ANYWAY, so we get to Trafalga, and start to bust out the mini golf. First hole he says, "All right, show me how it's done." So what do I do? Putt a hole in one. Yeah, great, set the bar nice and high. The golfing went downhill from there, but it's okay, because the conversation was great. The theme of the mini golf place was ocean-y, and there was this one dolphin-alligator-shark creature, and I said something about Avatar. Slight pause... "That's like, my favorite show ever." My jaw nearly dropped on the floor. Super cute guy who not only caught my kind of obscure Avatar reference, but openly admits that he loves the show, and then says his favorite character is Zuko (just like me)?!!! Oh my gosh. I'm in trouble.
After I finish kicking his butt at golf (ha, jk, we both sucked pretty bad) we decided to go get hot chocolate. Which ended up being us making hot chocolate at my apartment. Of course, that might have been my suggestion so that I could lasso him into watching Avatar with me (I know, shameless). Eventually we did end up watching The Great Divide, lamest episode ever, but it was entertaining. Of course.
Then came the end of the date (he initiated the hug, hurray!) and me telling him I had a great time, both in person and over PDT. And the best part? He responded to PDT very positively, and is still texting me.
Second date? I don't know. But he smiled a lot tonight. Heck, I smiled a lot tonight.
I think that's probably a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment