Saturday, October 22, 2011

Relief.

Remember how AFC wasn't interested? Well.... he is.

Remember how Fuji was interested? Well... he isn't.

Things are looking like they might keep working themselves out.

[Side note: Blogging on my old computer while I get music off of it. Man it struggles. But... it looks so tiny! What a difference two inches makes.]

Obviously, I don't know where things are going at this point. I know where I hope they're going...

Today was lovely. Perfect weather for an almost perfect game. I do so very much love it when my Cougs win, especially at the hands of my boy Riley. (We went to high school together, we're from the same home stake, and his mom taught me ballet for eight years. I think that qualifies me to call him 'my boy.')

I need to momentarily discuss my frustration with Heaps. He is so concerned with HIMSELF. It's all about him. Which is why he tends to freeze up in a game, because he's so afraid of getting injured. After my parents left I was talking to one of the season ticket holders who sits by us, I don't know his name, but we've chatted before. He coached high school football for thirty years in North Sanpete, so when he says that Jake Heaps is not a team player, I think I'm fully justified in agreeing with him. It's true though. He sits by himself on the sidelines. He doesn't interact all that much with his teammates. Just watch him. And when does he start choking? When he's inside the twenty, and the coverage on him gets WAY tighter. Tight coverage = higher chance of injury. Do the math. He's so focused on his 'NFL career' that he doesn't even realize he's pretty much putting the nails in that coffin with every interception he throws (they are COMMON). He's one of the LEAST mentally tough athletes I have ever seen in my entire life. And in my 20.5 years, I have seen a LOT of athletes, both mentally tough and mentally weak. Jake Heaps takes the cake for the latter. Sorry Jake, but you have got to get your head in the game.

Anyway, moment over. Last night I went on a date with Fuji. It was SO FUN! We went to this place called Star Command at this elementary school in Pleasant Grove. Essentially it was Star Trek LARPing. Seriously. You know me, and how I feel about anything role play. So freaking amazing. I got to be the Captain (I mixed genres and named myself Captain Reynolds :) ) and it was so fun, but honestly kind of tough. I keep thinking of all of the things I could've done differently to perhaps make the mission successful.

All in all, one of the more fun dates I've ever been on. Knowing that I wasn't going to have to tell Fuji I didn't see us going anywhere (because he beat me to it, what a relief) made it more relaxed. That was nice.

Anyway, AFC and I are watching another martial arts movie (okay, some of them are QUALITY, and the martial arts are freakin sick) tonight so I should probably go shower or something... lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment