Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Finally.

Okay, so, today [Tuesday] I'm going to the FOO FIGHTERS CONCERT.

I'm so excited, I might seriously just like, fall down and die. Dave Grohl is the sexiest thing on the planet. Foo Fighters were my first band t-shirt. Foo Fighters were the first band I actually really loved as a 'favorite' band because I really loved them, not because my brother told me they should be my favorite band. [Coldplay, who still remains in the top ten.]

After years and months of waiting, Foo is finally coming to Salt Lake, at a time when I can actually afford to go see them, and that is exactly what I'm doing.


I get to see him, IN PERSON, tonight. HOOOOOOLY crap.

I might pee my pants.


An addendum, though... Recently I started reading this blog. I'm actually not even sure how I stumbled across it... Blog-creepin', as usual. (Yep, you know me. I'm a creeper. But these days, who the heck isn't to some degree? I mean, seriously.) So, after blog-creepin' this guy [aka reading his entire blog] and thinking he sounded like an interesting chap, I commented on one of his blog posts. The next time I was online, I discovered that he had not only commented on one of my blog posts, but that he had started following my blog. Intrigued, flattered, and admittedly a little excited, I commented back. We had a short comment conversation. If you care to see it, you can go look for it yourself! Ha. Anyway, I ended up deciding to take a plunge and email him. Yeah, I know, right?

Within a couple of days, a mysterious stranger with whom I had no mutual friends sent me a friend request. I creeped (DUH, how could I not?) and, like I had expected, it seemed this was Mr. Sister Missionary. Or, I guess since he uses the code name Chris, I can too. So I accepted.

For a couple of days, NOTHING HAPPENED. Which I frankly thought was a little odd. You read my blog, you follow my blog, you take the time to find me on Facebook (it's creeper, but I'm not creeped out. Creepers don't get creeped out) and then you don't even say "Halloooo there!"? W T heck. (Not a question- a statement.) So, I messaged him - OH SO BOLD - and he eventually messaged back. Which then led to chatting, which then led to texting. (I know, right?)

So, now comes boldness #3. (3? Is that right? Was anyone counting?) Chris, I know we live super far away, but farther distances have been driven before. And that is all I'm going to say. That, and, I read your last post.

And that is REALLY all I'm going to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment