Thursday, October 13, 2011

"Wow."

Is wanting to be 'wowed' by my wedding photos too much to ask?

I feel like, in my years of being a wedding photographer (ha, yeah, seriously, so many years, so many weddings) I have looked at literally tens of thousands of wedding images by hundreds of different photographers.

And I've stopped seeing anything particularly new or exciting.

Granted, every time I look at anything shot by Jonathan Canlas, I get this ache in my heart that longs for him to shoot my wedding, but my poor father would have a heart attack if I told him I wanted to spend six grand on wedding photos, so I quietly put that dream on the shelf a long time ago. It's okay, I don't mind. There have got to be some decent and relatively well-priced film shooters out there, right...?

Why film, you ask?
The feel.
The look.
The demand it has on a photographer to know his/her craft, dangit.

It's not a DEAL BREAKER. If I can find a photographer who makes me think, "Hey, those are actually really great," who shoots digital, so be it.

But somewhere, DEEP DOWN, I really want my wedding shot on film. There's something so incredibly romantic about film that I just can't help but want for my wedding.

Wait, wait, wait, you think. Um... why is this crazy talking about wedding photos? She doesn't even have a boyfriend.

Yeah, yeah, I know. But I'm a girl. A MORMON girl. A Mormon girl who goes to BYU. Yeah. And I also happen to have some stake in the wedding industry. So I look at wedding photos. A ridiculous amount. It kind of consumes my life, truth be told. Have you SEEN my wedding pinboard? Yeah. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

I don't know why I'm so bothered by this. Or why I'm even bothering to think about it. It's probably going to be at least three years until I get married... (Mission + year-long dating.)

Anyway, today was good. I got new tires, and aced a quiz on reading that I admittedly did not even do. Ha! Yeah. However, Excel is leeching my life force right out of my body. My entire brain hurts... Is this what thinking feels like? Tomorrow night and Saturday are gonna be fuuuuuuuuuun!

No comments:

Post a Comment