Monday, November 28, 2011

Giggly.

Today after classes I ran into the Super Best Friend. It was SO GREAT. I haven't seen him in ages (for me, with Super Best Friend, a week is an age, I love him so much), and this kid is the non-romantic version of my 'other half.' He is better than a brother to me. We've been through a ton together (seriously, we've been friends for six years and really close for two of them), especially this summer when we spent literally every day together at Aspen Grove. SBF is just... great. He's honestly in my top five favorite people of all time. We get each other, to the point that sometimes it's a little frightening. And we love each other a LOT, in the brother/sister way.

ANYWAY, this semester he got himself a girl. I personally am not surprised, I've known the quality of his character for years. BUT he is kind of an intimidating guy, and girls usually don't get past the Army ROTC badass exterior to the incredibly good-hearted guy underneath. (He'd kill me for saying that. Bring it.) This girl, though... somehow she saw what I see. And they are crazy about each other. It makes me happy beyond belief. He deserves to be happy more than anyone I know. He's even told her that he loves her. Dead serious, she is the first girl besides me (and his family) that he's said that to. Are you grasping why I'm completely thrilled?! My rough-and-tumble best friend is in love. It's weird. But the best kind of weird.

I think, though, that the weirdest part for me was how we were both super 'giggly' and just grinning like fools the entire conversation while we talked about our respective 'loves.' It was something I've never experienced with him. We've been through a pretty wide range of emotions together, but the fact that we were both super twitterpated was... a new one. It was fantastic. I mean honestly, we both had huge grins on our faces the entire time, and we both kept saying, "I'm so happy for you!" to each other.

I LIKE THIS FEELING. I've been twitterpated before... but not like this. Seriously, all I have to do is think about Chris and this ridiculous grin spreads across my face. I am incapable of rational thought. I just sit around and think about Chris and grin and giggle and... wow, what is wrong with me?

You know what the best part (for me) is? The fact that when he tells me he likes me/misses me/thinks I'm wonderful... I BELIEVE HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment