Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Chris.

So, because I doubt any of you actually took any sort of trouble to look at Chris's blog, much less find the post where he talks about himself, I'll tell you about him. I'm going to admit, part of the reason I'm doing this is because I thoroughly enjoyed reading his post about me. :)

Okay. So. Chris. The first thing I noticed... this is hard to describe in that way. But the first time I saw him, he was standing sort of shyly by his car waiting to pick me up. I didn't even have to second guess myself, I knew it was him right off the bat. Our eyes met, there was that moment of recognition, and he gave me this shy smile. I will admit it, right then and there I melted a little bit. I wanted so desperately to hug him, but I didn't want to seem weird, so I got in the car (he opened my door! Score, score, score!) and we went to Sammy's. The whole date, at Sammy's especially, I had to keep myself from being touchy with him. I'm generally a fairly affectionate person, but not THAT quickly. I don't know what was going on in my head. I think part of it was that he was just so stinking cute I wanted people to know that he was there with me. (So stupid! I'm stupid.) Anyway. As the night progressed I just could not stop looking at him. It was kind of ridiculous. He has these absurdly irresistible dimples, so I admittedly kept trying to get him to smile. And he has blue eyes and dark hair. If you don't know how I feel about that combination, you should hear me tell my sister in law (blue eyes and dark hair!) how freaking jealous I am of her all the time. Yep.

Aside from his ridiculous blue eyes and ridiculous dimples, he is literally my dream height. 6'3". When we were standing next to each other at Sammy's I was just like, 'He is the perfect height. Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. He is the perfect height.' Y'all know that height is a big deal to me. (Remember how stressed I was about Fuji?)

Of course, this is all just based on attractiveness. But there is so much substance to this boy. And so much goodness. Example A, he was Captain Hammer for Halloween. Gracious, I love Dr. Horrible beyond what words can express. It's a little ridiculous. Example B, he's almost as excited for Skyrim as I am. Example C, he knows a ton of Star Trek episodes simply by their Captain's Log intro. Example D, he quotes Monty Python just as well as I do. Example E, he likes college football. Okay I realize that the first four were all completely nerdy, but one thing I've said (that he says the same, respectively, which I think is really funny) is that I want to find a guy version of myself. And let's face it, I am a GIGANTIC nerd. But at the same time, I am absurdly into sports, both regular and outdoor. I mean, do you know anyone else who hasn't missed a BYU home football game in 10 years? Or who camped out for days on multiple occasions in the cold to have good seats for BYU basketball, BEFORE Jimmer's senior season? Chris likes football a lot, not so much on the basketball end of things, but to be honest I'm not a HUGE fan of baseball (his favorite sport - I don't hate it, it's just not my favorite), so we will each have to learn to love our respective 'other favorite'.

On the subject of sports, it does bring up one tiny, kind of insignificant 'con' for me. He goes to that school Up north. You know, THE ONE WE DON'T LIKE. Not a big deal, I honestly don't care, it's a really great school. Whatever. But I don't know if I can handle being 'bitter' enemies a couple of times a year. (Sporting events...) It will only be a matter of importance when it comes to sports, so it really is tiny, but I'm just imagining the possibility of us dating, and going to a BYU/U game wearing different colors... and having to put up with each others' reactions when our respective teams do well... I mainly think of this because at the Utah football game this year, this one obnoxious Ute fan chick was sitting with her boyfriend IN THE BYU STUDENT SECTION, and I just couldn't stand her. Probably just because her team was doing well and mine was... not. But her being in the student section was obnoxious. Seriously, get out of there. But I digress!

Another pro, to be on to more positive things. He's a skier. Well, he's going to be. ;) I joke. But he skied when he was younger, and wants to get back into it. Which makes me super happy. I have nothing against snowboarders, I mean, come on, my best friend is a snowboarder, but when it comes to a 'buddy' having another skier is better. Best Friend can generally keep up with me wherever I go, but he complains when I take him on 'skier terrain'. All I have to do is get Chris up to a decent level and then he can follow me down as much 'skier terrain' as he can handle. :)

Also, aside from our nerdy similarities (he is more of a Trekkie, and I'm more into Star Wars, but we are both into the others) we have super similar taste in entertainment, be it movies or video games or whatever. He likes war movies (I honestly don't know many guys who don't, but I really like them), and doesn't balk at rated R stuff. Call me a sinner, whatever, I don't freakin' care, some of the greatest quality movies I have ever seen, be it based on story or production or message, are rated R. I don't watch crap like Super Bad and Knocked Up, super crude humor isn't my style. But war movies, I'll take them. Getting off topic again. Looking at Chris's movie collection though, I took note of what he had. He had some of the quality stuff, like V for Vendetta (I seriously have NO IDEA why that movie is rated R. Other than some lezzy kissing there's pretty much nothing). And Kingdom of Heaven was good. As was Fanboys. Seriously, Fanboys was hilarious, but it actually had this really cool underlying message. You watch it and tell me if you noticed it.

He also loves Foo Fighters. He went to their concert. We almost 'met' that night. It was the first time we actually saw each other in person. It was funny, we were sitting there texting each other about each other's location, and when he told me the general vicinity of where he was, I looked, saw him, and was just like, 'dangit, I want to go over there and meet him so bad, why am I such a freakin' pansy?!?!' Whatever. But other than Foo, he has great taste in music.

He drives a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I love me a man who drives an SUV. Seriously, I'm a total SUV girl. I will NOT be a minivan mom. I'm going to be driving my kids to the freakin' mountains to ski too much, plus minivans are fugly. But seriously, it's not like it's a major judge of character, but I do think it says something about the person. Especially when they CHOOSE an SUV, because people don't just drive SUVs because they like spending more money on gas. People drive SUVs because of necessity, or desire to be awesome. :D I haven't been able to get much of a gauge for how outdoorsy Chris is besides his wanting to return to skiing, his apparent love for camping, and his SUV driving, but the SUV driving says a lot to me.

A minor drawback though - the whole living in Salt Lake thing. Y'all know how I feel about Long Distance Relationships. 45 minutes isn't all that long, really, but my last boyfriend lived literally a one minute walk away. I got to see him every day. We could be spontaneous. Well, actually, no, that's a flat out lie, there was no spontaneity in that relationship, because we were together every single day. All we did was cuddle and watch movies, seriously. It was great at the time, but looking back, it was not a quality/real relationship. But what I'm trying to say with that is that I got really spoiled. And let's be honest, I'd really like to be able to see Chris whenever I want, but whatever. I'll get over it. Thus far he seems to be worth it. And one 'pro' of that is that it forces us to take things slow. Which is something I generally have to be forced into, because I fall fast. Maybe too fast.

Another minor drawback - I am super open. You know this. He is... not so much. I said MINOR drawback. It's okay, this particular drawback is way more about me than it is about him. I just know that I'll probably struggle with it. I share my feelings a lot, and he's been better about it, but I've even been holding back. If I could tell him/anyone what was really on my mind, he/they would be like, you freak, go crawl in a hole and die.

One thing I really like? He texts me a lot. You all KNOW I am a huge texter. Like, obnoxiously so.

I just got a text from him... "I miss you." I was [ THIS ] close to getting in my car and driving to Salt Lake. I'm not sure I can wait until Thursday to see him again.

I am falling for this boy. And I like it.

If this moment happens... I will melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment