Wednesday, December 21, 2011

P-town.

So, Chris spent the last few days down in good ol' P-town. Okay, I went up to Salt Lake for a bit as well, because that's just what happens when you get invited to family birthday dinner at Tucano's, yummm. (And also, I totally win. Chris's mom gave me a hug and called me 'cutie' and LittleSister pretty much hug-attacked me as we were leaving. I am SO FREAKING EXCITED, seriously, it's almost better to 'win' the family over than to have them love you right off the bat, like Nine Toes's family did. I can't really get a handle on Chris's dad, but he seems more reserved (like father, like son) so we'll have to see. And LittleBrother... oh my gosh, who knew seventeen year olds's lives were just so... lol. He cracks me up SO MUCH. He might be my favorite. JK! Chris is my favorite. But no matter. I won over LittleSister and Mom and that's what was important to me. Okay. Moving on.)

We went and saw the new Sherlock Holmes, our first movie in a theater together (sigh, what a milestone!!! lol) and it of course did not disappoint! I had heard great things and had great expectations, and they were met, nay, exceeded! So good. Go see it. Now. That was my first movie in a theater since HP7.2, which Chris thought was ridiculous, but hey, I'm poor. OH WAIT, just kidding, HIMYM took me to 50/50. Which was also awesome, bt dubs. One thing that I noticed at the theater we went to for Sherlock was that they 'ID' for rated R movies... at least they said they did, whether they actually do or not is yet to be seen, but I found that interesting. Most theaters don't even notice, and at the very most they'll ID you when you buy your ticket. Whatever.

Anyway, we pretty much just hung out, did a bit of Quidditch practicing, where I learned how to properly tackle people who are bigger than me (an important skill for a keeper!) and played around in my sexy new cleats. Yeah, gotta love sales at Sports Authority! :) They're fly, I'll post a picture soon.

Another picture I need to post soon is of the gigantic bruise on my leg, seriously, it's eleven inches long by four inches wide. It's huge, and it's gross, and it hurts. :(

Sigh. Sometimes I wish we lived in a world where we didn't have to work, and we could just play all the time. Because if we didn't have to work, we wouldn't have to go to college, and if we didn't have to go to college, we would have absolutely no reason to keep living 45 minutes apart. We could live 2 minutes apart, see each other all day every day, and do nothing but play. It would be awesome. I guess that's one tough thing about winter though, it's COLD, and there's not as much playing to be done. Chris keeps telling me that girls always dump him during the 'second winter' because during the first winter, the fact that all he wants to do is cuddle and talk and watch movies is a novelty, and it's fun, and such. But after the summer, when apparently he plans/does cool stuff all the time (not gonna lie, definitely looking forward to all of the cool dates he's supposedly planning on taking me on "when it's warm"), they a) grow to expect him to plan/do cool stuff all the time and b) the novelty of cuddling/talking/watching movies has worn off, and they get bored, and leave. I think that might have been a really long run-on sentence, but I don't really care, so deal with it. My blog, my rules. Suck it, grammar. JK. (Oh little tangent, one of my friends is getting married on the fourteenth and her wedding announcement invites me to a reception in "there" honor. :/ Merf.) HOWEVER, I highly doubt that I'll dump him ever, especially during the second winter, because frankly, besides skiing, there's not much else I like to do in the winter besides cuddle/talk/watch movies. I will admit that watching movies with Chris generally tends to end up with him asleep and me being a little irritated, because I swear that boy sleeps more than any human being I've ever met. I mean, I know I shouldn't be irritated, because he works nights, and when he's with me in the daytime he's given up his normal sleeping time, but when there are nights that I KNOW he slept, and the next day he's still falling asleep all over the place? Sigh. It gets kind of annoying. I think mostly what annoys me is that when I'm with him, which is less often than I'd like, I want to be with him, enjoying his company, learning more about him, making him laugh and laughing at things he does, and, I will admit this without shame, falling more in love with him. If we end up falling asleep on the couch, sure that's great that we're comfortable together, but what did we REALLY gain from that experience? I dunno. This little rant makes it seem like it bothers me way more than it really does, because honestly it doesn't bother me all that much. We still talk WAY more than I have with any other boyfriend I've had, and we literally never run out of things to talk about. The kid is a genius, and will bring up topics of conversation that deal with things I've never even thought about to have an opinion on, but are admittedly super interesting. I guess that's what happens when you put a thinker and a doer together. I'll end up teaching him to do stuff, and he'll end up teaching me to think stuff. Not a bad trade, if you ask me. I like thinking, and he likes doing. So basically, I can't let little things bug me, because overall, we're almost too perfect for each other. Seriously, the fact becomes clearer to me every day. And I love it. :)

Potassium, longest paragraph ever, sorry. Last thing, Chris's present came in the mail today (while he was here! I had to run upstairs and sneak a peek at it) and it is so freaking cool. Oh my gosh. It turned out way cooler than I thought it would, I am SO EXCITED for him to open it. :)

Working tomorrow... ughhhhh. I don't like reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment