Thursday, December 22, 2011

Alone.

So, this morning, Frieda officially moved out, leaving me officially alone in my apartment until whenever the new girls move in. (My management company said "Sometime next week" and I'm kind of hoping they mean more like, sometime at the beginning of January...) Listening to music as loud as I want, impromptu alone dance parties, Skyrim all night, sleeping on the couch, junk food, not cleaning... Yeah, that's my idea of a vacation! Stoked.

Okay, I have a tiny bit of a confession to make. Although I love Chris and if I could spend all of my time with him I would in a heartbeat, I'm not gonna lie, having a bit of time to just do whatever the heck I want (read: play Skyrim) and sleep in (without either a) cuddling on the couch or b) waking up just to spend time with him) has been kind of nice. KIND of nice. This, I think, goes back to my 'lone wolf' mentality, in that I do very much like to go off and do my own thing every once in a while. If I could be with Chris, I would, and I would love every minute of it. But since I can't, I am taking full advantage of my free time and loving every minute of it. I suppose that's a good thing, right? I'm not just sitting around pining for him. I think that's good. Loving life in whatever situation you're in is important, I think.

Oh, and you notice that I've had some time to play Skyrim? My review/gush session is coming soon. And it's going to be good, don't you fret. I'm FINALLY officially addicted. I think that may have something to do with why I'm so thoroughly enjoying all of my Chris-less free time. Except that I will admit, if he were sitting right next to me and didn't care that I was just playing Skyrim, I would be infinitely happier. So maybe I am pining. More than I care to admit to myself.

We decided, this summer, weeklong camping trip. You're all invited. It'll probably be a mixture of car camping and backpacking, in either Moab, Zion, or Goblin Valley, or somewhere else equally cool. Although I'm not gonna lie, a week camping in the Pacific Northwest (to check out UW's med school, scouting trip, ya know...) would be pretty cool. Or maybe SoCal? We could make a party out of it... Oh wait, SoCal is already a trip planned for the Western Cup! So I guess that's out. LOLz.

AHHHH okay I'm off to go make myself a 'tv dinner' and play Skyrim until my face melts off.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Jenerator:

    What is it you love about Skyrim? I haven't played it but I did play Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and I wasn't that impressed. Have you played Demon Souls?

    Love Tripp

    ReplyDelete
  2. You weren't impressed with Morrowind?! Just kidding, I actually haven't played it yet but Chris loved it and I'm getting it for Christmas. Oblivion was what got me into the Elder Scrolls franchise.
    I haven't actually played Demon Souls, but it's on the list.
    As for what I love about Skyrim, you will just have to wait until my Skyrim post! Ha. I will say, though, that it is one of the most visually stunning games I have ever laid eyes on.

    ReplyDelete