Saturday, December 24, 2011

Eve.

So, it's Christmas Eve, and Chris left my apartment a little over 40 minutes ago because he got called into work. PHOOEY. I'm significantly less than pleased. I suppose I could've gone back to my grandparents' house to spend Christmas Eve with my parents and such, but other than waking up in the morning to breakfast, there's really not going to be a whole lot different about me staying at home. Except that there's internet at home. Yeah, you know that's how I roll.

Chris was originally chillin' in Provo until he had to leave for work and I had to leave for family Christmas dinner, but then his work called at five and was like, "Hey, you don't need to come in until 11," so we busted out some awesomeness* and worked it out so that he could come to family dinner. Which was FANTASTIC. It's much easier to be cheerful and pleasant when you're with the person you're crazy about, rather than just the people who drive you crazy. ;) Hehe.

Dinner was lovely, I had seriously some of the best steak I've ever had in my entire life. I had to control myself from gazing longingly at Chris.... yeah... I like him. A lot. He seemed to get along pretty well with my parents, for the second time meeting them I think he'll end up doing alright. Especially when he eventually mentions to my mother that one of his greatest dreams is to own a beach house in SoCal, like the little dumpy ones on the Strand. (Yeah, 'dumpy' = multi-millions.) Once that golden nugget of information is out, she will love him, and pretty much beg me to marry him. HA. Just kidding. But only kind of. I know that will win him big points in the 'winning over mom' department.

Went back to G&G's to open presents, of which there were more than I expected. One thing I certainly didn't expect was a new camera! That one was crazy. I was so not expecting that. I'm excited about it though! I've actually been needing a point and shoot. Although my mother did say, "Well it was kind of supposed to end up being a mission camera..." and I'm thinking, then why am I getting it now instead of for my birthday? Whatever. I don't care. It's awesome, and I'm excited.

Then Chris got called into work... so freakin' lame... so we headed back to my apartment loaded with all of my stuff. (Although the person who got the most presents was my dad, jeepers creepers!) He left for work, I posted my paper on the IQA west page for everyone to read, and now I've just been sitting here in a stupor trying to decide precisely when I should go to bed. And wake up.

I can't wait for tomorrow after work. I'm not even thinking about work, because if I think about it then I'll probably start freaking out about not knowing stuff that I might need to know. Honestly I'm kind of hoping that there won't be any people wanting to learn things and I'll end up getting to ski all Christmas. Either way, I'll be home between 4:30 and 5, at which point Chris will head down (I think, we're still trying to figure out logistics) and I'll FINALLY get to show him his present! I'm also really looking forward to seeing what he got me, apparently it's "something I need that will benefit us both," and is only a 'secondary' present. What he got me for my primary present is still on its way, because (due to no fault of his own!) he didn't get it in time. He reserved it online at a store, and when he went to pick it up it the store said it wasn't in their inventory. Talk about freaking LAME. He wasn't particularly pleased either, but in the end, it gets me two presents... so... not really complaining. Although I'm not gonna lie, I REALLY want to know what the primary present is, because he sounded kind of excited about it, and it must be cool for him to go to the effort that he went to to try and get it. I guess it will have to be a New Year's present, hahaha. :)

Anyway, I need to get to bed so I can wake up and be cheerful for children in the morning... yayyyyyy.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!





*He hadn't brought any 'nice' clothes (because originally he was going to be working), so we not only had to rush to get him some nice clothes, but we had to make it to the restaurant in time. We were less than 15 minutes late EVEN AFTER RIDICULOUS TRAFFIC and Chris even looked good in his... $25 outfit. Seriously, Wal Mart is not as bad as it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment