Monday, September 26, 2011

"Roomies."

I freakin' hate that word. It's one of those super tacky words that people use all the time. It BOTHERS ME. And I know it shouldn't.
You know what else bothers me? Facebook relationship statuses. Other than 'married' or 'engaged' I think they are even tackier than the word ROOMIE. But I hate not knowing if a guy is dateable or not............

Okay, moving right along. Did I tell you about Mr. How I Met Your Mother? He's a friend of my coworker (the same one who gave me the 'ask and ye shall receive' tidbit) who came in the other Wednesday, and we ended up talking pop culture for like, an hour and a half. Avatar, Firefly, Community, Robot Chicken Star Wars, Skyrim, Halo, and WOW were all discussed, among other things. Anyway, I wasn't flirtatious or anything, but it was one of those things where I was like, 'I think to this guy I might seem like the trifecta... so why didn't he ask for my number... or something?' But of course, because he's a guy, and I'm intimidating, he didn't. 

Fast forward to today at work. I think Ben may have mentioned something to Himym, (I had expressed a, 'Seriously, why don't guys like that fall at my feet? Do they think girls like me exist in great supply?' to him. That sounds REEEEEALLY arrogant, but I think I can confidently say that I am not ugly, and I'm definitely a nerd, so... what more do they want?!) because in he walks. I showed him my freakin' awesome shirt ("Also, I can kill you with my brain") and we chatted for a bit. And then he said, "What are you doing on Friday?" Oh my gosh, am I getting asked on a date? "Um... I dunno... school/work/football..." "Do you want to go to Red Robin?" Holy crap. Yes, I am. "Yeah!" Because let's be honest, who doesn't like getting asked out by a guy she can be a total nerd around? I'm not saying that this kid is my soulmate, but I miss having someone to geek out over video games and Star Wars and Lord of the Rings with. I have a feeling that this date is going to consist of the nerdiest conversation I have ever had, and I am thrilled.

I love being a nerd.

And not this kind of nerd -
She is not a real nerd. Or at least, I highly doubt it. Putting on big glasses does not make you a 'nerd'.

THIS kind of nerd -
Because she probably spent a ton of time making that freaking incredible Zelda costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment