Sunday, March 20, 2011

Madness!

So, it's March. One of my favorite months of the whole year. And, as with every year, there are always upsets. For example.
#1 Pitt losing to #8 Butler in the second round. Whoda thunk? That automatically takes my sister-in-law Olivia out of the running for the grand prize, because she picked Pitt to win it all. Ouch.
#12 Richmond and #13 Morehead St. battling it out in the second round. WTF? A twelve and thirteen seed? How did that happen? (That counts for two upsets.)
Other than that, not a whole lot going on. #11 VCU beat #6 Georgetown, but that was to be expected - the Hoyas always choke in the tourney. And I mean always. Last year I had them in my final four - huge mistake. (They lost in the first round, as usual.) The year before that I had them in my sweet sixteen. (They lost in the first round, as usual.) Finally I figured it out this year and I was glad I did. Although I just can't let go of those stupid Commodores. I had them in the sweet sixteen this year. Dumb move. Oh well.
My brother (who I momentarily claimed was no longer my kin) picked BYU to lose in the first round to #14 seed Wofford. YEAH RIGHT. Even I have faith in my Jimmer. Well-placed faith, since they're in the sweet sixteen for the first time in what feels like ages. I'm hoping it's not too well-placed though, because I have them in my final four. (I can't not, they're my Cougs!) If they make it, which I think they legitimately do have a shot at, even without Davies, I will be one happy woman. Even just to make it to the final four is huge! Heck, being in the sweet sixteen is pretty great too. Having Pitt out of the way will make things... a little easier, but I have a feeling that the Butler Bulldogs are out for BLOOD. Then again, so are we. Too long we've been pushed aside and ignored for being in the lamest conference ever. Too long we've been treated like less because we're a religious school and we have an Honor Code. Too long we haven't triumphed where we should have.
ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY COUGARS!
I'm stoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment