Thursday, February 17, 2011

Break.

So... I know I just barely told the world that Brandon and I are dating, buuuuuuut we're not anymore. Yes, I'm sad. No, I'm not mad.
There is a lot of logic behind his reasoning, and a lot of truth and wisdom. I'm really proud of him, actually.
And, maybe, just maybe, I can actually be friends with him. I want to. Because let's face it, I really do love him, but I love his personality, and that doesn't change whether or not I'm his girlfriend or just his BFF. He was my BFF before... pretty sure he can be my BFF again. Just subtract the hand holding (which I admittedly wasn't a huge fan of in public anyway) and the kissing (which I WILL miss, but there is more than just one amazing kisser in the world) and we're pretty much back to where we were, only we know each other better and we care about each other more deeply.
And even I will admit that the amount of time we spent together was very unproductive for both of us, and we are both at a point where we need to focus on school. And I need to focus on a mission, not boys.

But boys/men, here is a warning.
Brandon was and still is the best guy I've ever dated or had the pleasure of spending lots of time with. He is smart, funny, sensitive, patient, strong, loving, sweet, caring, honest... he's just great. Throw in a dash of 'more my style', strain out the hunting, and you pretty much have Mr. Perfect.
Bon courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment