Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Canter.

Today I had a really lovely lesson on Bey Magic. And I sat the canter for the first time in my life. Yeah, I know. How on earth did I ride jumpers without sitting a canter? Two-point. That's all I did, was ride two point, the entire time. When I told Rachel, she was not pleased.
This is what riding a canter in two-point looks like. Your legs are shock absorbers. Yeah, it's COMPLETELY different to sit a canter. It's weird. It feels so much faster than it looks! I feel like such a noob all of a sudden. But I think, with a fair amount of lungeing, I'll get the hang of it. I just have to think about sending my tailbone to the ground. When we throw reins in there, ohhhhhhh boy. That's going to be a challenge. But I want it. I want it so bad. I want to be a beautiful hunter rider.
Isn't that just lovely? I am a huge fan of the gray show coat. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with gray. His mane isn't braided, which I think is LAME because even though they take forever, hunter braids are the most beautiful thing on the planet. (And, if that were me, and that were Ryder, I wouldn't want his mane obscuring my face! I want to look at those pictures and see my face and think I am the awesomest thing to walk the earth.)
This horse has hunter braids. They are SUPER DUPER HARD, but they are so gorgeous. 
Anyway, back to the canter. It looks so much easier than it really is. But I literally cannot wait to get more. And more. And more. And MORRRRRE!
I. Love. Riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment