Sunday, December 5, 2010

Me.

Once upon a time, there was a college student. She wanted to say clever and brilliant things on her blog, but when the time arrived, no words came to her. So she blabbered on with no point until she figured no one was reading anymore, and then she crawled in a hole and died of shame. The end.

Just kidding. I'm not planning on crawling in any holes anytime soon. And I'm definitely not planning on dying of shame.

So anyway, I'm Jen. I live to be outside. I ski, rock climb, surf, canyoneer, hike, backpack, and ballroom dance. Wait, one of those was out of place. Ah yes, ballroom dancing. I love it, but I generally don't do it outside. I'm constantly looking to expand my outdoor sports repertoire, and hopefully will learn to ice climb this winter, and mountain bike next summer.
Other than outdoor sports, I love regular sports. Most especially football and basketball, of the college variety. December and March are the best months of the year, hands down. I am a diehard BYU fan, and I will fight [watch], day or night, rain or snow. I have been known to wait for three+ hours in under 30 degree temperatures just to get good seats for a basketball game. Yeah. I know.
Just so you get an idea of where this comes from, both of my parents graduated from BYU, as did both of my brothers. Both of my sisters-in-law attended BYU, and at least one grandparent from each side of my family has graduated from BYU. Most of my aunts and uncles either attended or graduated from BYU, and the same is true of most of my cousins. It's kind of a family legacy, what can I say? I've had at least one piece of BYU clothing for my entire life. I bleed Cougar blue, straight up. In fact, BYU (Provo) is the only school I applied to, so thankfully I got in! ;) I love BYU so very much and I'm stoked to have a diploma from Brigham Young University in a few years to hang on my wall. Or maybe just carry around with me everywhere. That might be a teensy bit pretentious though... so I think I'll steer clear.
I am probably the most bluntly honest person you will ever meet. Okay, maybe not always blunt, but always honest. Beating around the bush is my number one pet peeve. If you don't know how I feel about you, you haven't asked. But by all means, please ask. I will tell you. I try my best to always be tactful, but lying is something I very rarely do unless I have a good reason to.
I love animals, most especially horses. The current love of my life is a 17-hand dark bay Warmblood gelding named Showtime. He's such a goof. Sometimes he can be a little twit, but he's five, so I'll cut him a break. He's absolutely gorgeous though, my goodness. And riding him is glorious, when we work together. He has the most beautiful gaits. Ah! I love him. He's the sweetest.
I also love fruit. And talking. And dating. And movies. And music. And my car.

I really love to start blogs. Please forgive me if I neglect this one. But I promise I will try not to. :)

1 comment:

  1. I saw no mention of your supposed passion, "photography." Have you moved on?

    ReplyDelete