Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Flying.

First class, actually. My brother is a silver medallion member and they gave him a free upgrade to first class. Since he couldn't bear to leave his dear wifey, I got to have it. I guess you could say there are perks to being the only single member of my family, but I wouldn't particularly categorize this as the most incredible experience of my life. To be honest, the only noticeable difference won't even happen until I get food. (Philly cheesesteak, it had better be as delicious as it sounds.) But overall, first class is meh. As far as I can tell. The kid (okay, he's 22) in front of me reclined his seat and let's just say that having my laptop seriously in my lap as opposed to my thighs is a little uncomfortable. For typing purposes, anyway. My arms are long. Well everything on me is long. Arms, legs, hair, attitude... ;) Haha, sorry, couldn't resist.
So last night Brandon and I had this intense discussion about hunting. He hunts (bleck) and I hate it. I understand his viewpoint, and I appreciate that he does it 'right' (he has respect for the animals and uses everything he can) but that doesn't change my opinion that it's creepy. And I kind of realized that to me, animals and humans aren't really any different. Sure, animals can't open their mouths and speak in a language that we understand, but they still communicate with us. Some people are too dense to understand what they're saying. But having spent so much time around horses, I will go to my grave swearing that animals can talk. They have personalities, completely undeniably. Showtime is a straight up dorky teenager. Bella (from what I can tell) is the sweet, loving, motherly type. Tessa was the arthritic crazy old cat lady. Smokey was the cocky little cowboy who occasionally enjoyed dressing up in a tux and playing show pony. Charra was the ever thoughtful and helpful best friend type. Cosette was a gorgeous little diva. Ace was the middle-aged guy stuck in a job he doesn't really like, but he can't see a way out so he finds a way to enjoy life. Anyway, where I'm going with this is that it isn't just horses. Animals have personalities. So to me, hunting is pretty much like murder. Granted, it's not, and I understand that it isn't and that it's necessary to help population control, but that's how I feel about it. Now I'm not one of those crazy animal rights activists who is going to protest hunting or become a vegetarian to 'save the animals' (I mean, come on, my best friend is a hunter). I just am not a huge fan. Brandon is so good about it. He's really just good to me in general. Probably why he's my best friend. ;)
Okay, I need to express some intense irritation. My ; key is broken. And it's driving me insane. Irritation expressed.
Back to the subject of flying. There is a ridiculous amount of turbulence today. It's just cloudy cloudy cloudy. And man alive, I am really wanting that philly cheesesteak right about now. :( Oh well. I'll just have to satisfy myself with my smoothie (I opted for mango as opposed to pond scum) for now.
I'm pretty bored, can you tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment