Monday, December 20, 2010

Cancer.

Such a scary word. One that you never want to hear anyone saying following the words "I'm sorry, but you have..."
And one of my dear friends, Kim Nelson, has heard it twice. Her leukemia, in remission less than a year ago, is back.
It really puts things into perspective for me.
Sure, I have no job and no way to pay for school or pay my rent or buy food, but I'm healthy. I don't have cancer. I don't have to go through the complete hell of chemotheraphy.
So what right do I have to complain?
Not that I'm saying I have, but I can promise you now that I won't. While I fight for the life of my dreams, beautiful, sweet, energetic Kim fights for her LIFE.
Things can change in the blink of an eye.
Never take anything (or, most especially, anyONE) for granted.
EVER.

I don't care if you don't believe in my God or in any God at all, but please keep Kim in your thoughts and prayers. I believe that there is a God, and that He will hear even a brief flicker of love towards a girl you may have never even met. Every little thing counts.


Keep running Kim.

No comments:

Post a Comment