Monday, February 6, 2012

Quidditch.

So today my mom asked me how the Snow Cup went, and I told her it was legitimately the best weekend of my life. Why? Okay, I'll tell you.


1. Finally getting to meet some of the greatest people I have EVER known in my entire life. Seriously, the morning of, running up to everyone and hugging them? BEST. THING. EVER. (Zach wins though, seriously. I said his name and we legitimately ran and jumped into each others' arms and stayed there for at least a full minute. I love him SO MUCH.)

2. Winning our first-ever Quidditch match. Seriously. I'm not sure I've ever been so thrilled in my entire life.

3. Crash course in goal reffing fifteen seconds before the match started.

4. Picking Kevin (SupaKev) up at the airport.

5. Talking about Quiddich ALL DAY LONG. And all night long.

6. Not gonna lie, meeting Alex Benepe was awesome.

7. Watching my team have the time of their lives. I was worried half of them would quit. Now I legitimately can't wait for Western Cup with them. And everyone else. WESTERN CUP.

8. Putting up a couple of really great hits on some UNC chasers. Man those felt good. (Nothing personal guys.)

9. Scoring my first-ever goal against Auxkas. I felt like such a beast.

10. (Sorry guys, mush time.) Watching my ridiculously sexy boyfriend play Quidditch. YUM.

11. Being so sore that moving was a long and arduous process for the next two days, and being completely happy about it.

12. Spending a good chunk of time and money on those legit brooms, and hearing people talk about how awesome they were.

14. Wearing my muddy jersey to school on Monday and getting the weirdest looks ever.

15. Reading the article about us in our school paper. We're so cool.

16. Having Zach tell me I'm actually good at Quidditch. And believing him.

17. Lillian.

18. TRADING CARDS.

19. Yelling myself completely hoarse being that obnoxiously passionate captain on the sidelines.

20. QUIDDITCH. QUIDDITCH. QUIDDITCH.


(This worked better on Facebook when I could tag everyone I love SO DEARLY.)
Anyway, to sum up the Snow Cup, we won our first game, and our last game, both against UNC (they went 0-5, poor guys). The Crimson Fliers won the whole thing, with good reason. They are incredible. If you want to watch some good Quidditch, watch the Fliers. They play a very beautiful Quidditch match. Watching Chris play Quidditch turns me on more than looking at pictures of him play baseball. GOSSSSSHHH he is so hot. 
But yeah. My team actually did incredibly well. I'm so proud of them/us, and so many people told me how impressed they were by us, both on and off the field. That is always so nice to hear, especially as a captain.

One more little gooey-ness before I head to bed. This weekend just showed me even more clearly why I love Chris SO MUCH. Yeah, yeah, he's good at Quidditch and he's extremely good looking and such, but he's also way smart, super dedicated, and so, so classy. He would ceaselessly give credit to his team, and most of his hard work (especially on the brooms) went completely unnoticed and he didn't even care. I would say that I'm sorry ladies, because I am a little sorry that you are all missing out, but seriously I'm not all that sorry, he is so wonderful and I feel so lucky. I am still a little mystified as to why on earth he's dating me... But I guess I DO look pretty hot in my Quidditch uniform... ;)

And one last thing... Chris texted me "Wanngoballwime?" 25 minutes before the dance started... OBVIOUSLY I said yes. Silly, silly, adorable boy. (He looked so freaking handsome. It was not fair.)


No comments:

Post a Comment