Thursday, January 13, 2011

DANCE!

[Safety Dance, Glee Version]
I freaking love this song, for the record.

And I love being a Ballroom Minor!!! It's basically the greatest thing in the world. Okay, maybe not the GREATEST, but one thing you should've figured out about me by now is that I like to hyperbolize. (Is that a word?) Anyway, I finally got into my International Bronze class, and it's completely different than any ballroom class I've ever been in. We're learning a ROUTINE. Weird. But I guess it makes sense. It's not 'social' dance. It's ballroom. No matter, I still love it. It's just strange to learn a dance without a partner! That's one of my favorite parts of ballroom, for obvious reasons. ;) But anyway, my dream of being on the team still stands! Something probably about as realistic as being on the track team, but ballroom is something a lot easier for me than track I suppose. It comes naturally to me to dance. I guess that's what I get for starting ballet at three. :)

Anyway, I'm still looking for a job, but I'm really liking my classes so far.

Today our forum speaker was Condoleezza Rice. Yes, the former Secretary of State. Yeah, I know! It was so cool. Jordan scored us seats on the SECOND ROW, so I was like twenty yards away from one of my honest to goodness heroes. It was AWESOME. She gave an incredible address about education. She is so amazing. I seriously could not believe I was honestly listening to Condie Rice. I felt like I was at a rock concert or something.


"As educated people, it is our responsibility to be optimistic." -Condoleezza Rice

I have something to confess. I like a 'smart people' class. A LOT. It requires work. But I like it. (Sign of the apocalypse, I know!) I enjoy the readings we have to do (which there are admittedly a lot of) and I enjoy the discussions we have. I seriously love that class. It's PWS 375, Environmental Policies and Laws. It's required for my major, and I felt like taking at least one somewhat challenging class. And it has turned out to be so interesting. Definitely my favorite academic class. Obviously my favorite class is skiing (der der der) but that barely counts as a class. I have so much to learn and improve on! I'm pretty stoked to be a better skier. I'm already noticing little differences. I can't wait to go to class again next week!

Overall, I really like my classes, and my professors. My Book of Mormon professor talks about missionary work ALL THE TIME, and I love it so much. She is great. I really like her. My French teacher is actually really cute, and single, and turning out to be a great teacher. We don't speak any English, which is crazy, but so effective. I like it a lot. My RMYL 189 professor is a baller, and we're going on a field trip to CALIFORNIA at the end of February. And, yes, we're going to DISNEYLAND. I am so freaking excited. It seems unreal to me! My ballroom teacher is gorgeous, and I think once things get a little more under control I'll love that class. I missed the first two days though so I'm just playing catch up, which is more intense than I would've expected! And Neil, my ski instructor professor, is just great. I think that might be it... Other than Dr. Aanderund, who seems cool, but I love his class and the readings he assigns so I guess that means I automatically love him!

Anyway, life is going good other than my nagging stress about money and my constant inability to get out of bed in the morning. I'm working on both though.

On a side note, most of the people I work with at ChaCha are complete morons. Just thought you should know.

No comments:

Post a Comment